January 1, 2012

Foster Failure


 
After fostering "Lefty" for three weeks, I was contacted by the shelter manager who told me he needed Lefty back so that he could be prepared for transport to a rescue in Minnesota. I knew it would be tough but I was prepared to let him go. I even fixed him a going away bag with his favorite stuffed toy and dog treats, along with a knotted toy I made out of an old t-shirt.




The more I thought about letting him go the more he tugged at my heart. I thought about how well he gets along with Sophie and Dakota and how happy he seems here with us. Later that night I emailed the shelter manager and asked if it was too late for me to adopt Lefty. Thankfully it wasn't.




This shelter doggie got a new name and a new home for Christmas! His name is now Rocco and he now shares a home with his doggie siblings - Sophie and Dakota, and six cat siblings - Maeka, Isabelle, Jasmine, Coco, Moka, Fonzi.